Good-bye, Mr Patel
‘Good-Bye, Mr Patel’ is an ordinary man’s story of self discovery and quest for flawless vision
Bitter experiences of early life of belonging to the Patel clan forced the author to look at himself. He could not accept that he was any different from a non-Patel and realized how deeply scripted he was by the social environment in which he grew up. He craved freedom from the shackles of his social and psychological order. He chose to move away from calling himself a Patel to look at himself objectively. This process of self discovery and his quest for flawless vision gave him the strength to break with his past, dismantle the shackles of impractical and unquestioned customs, traditions and beliefs to pave the way for an open mind to flourish and not be doggedly attached to anything.
This fragmentary autobiography reveals how positive interpretations of his bitter experiences have shaped the transformation of his thinking and life and taken him to living in a state of abandonment – a life free of stress and anxiety. The author believes the modern day malaise and strife are caused by the increasing spiritual void in us and warped thinking that has put man on a proverbial treadmill of unprincipled living and in search of elusive happiness somewhere outside in a material world.
The title “Good-Bye, Mr Patel” suggests that there is a Patel lurking inside each one of us who needs to be banished. This is the ego that blinds and imprisons us in an illusory world that diverts the mind from venturing into world within where the real person resides.
The book finishes with the author’s barrier-shattering, and enlightening, principles such as “no-one owes you a favour”, “the real enemy is within”, “your children are not yours” and more, which have crystallized from the crucible of daily living and paved the way for joyful living on a unique path!
Good Bye Mr Patel
- A story of self-discovery and quest for flawless vision
- A story of barrier-shattering paradigm-shifts that ushered in joyful existence
- When awake you will know there are no failures in life
- Deep within is a place where nothing is impossible
- No-one, but only you, can write your life script
- Nature is man’s best ally
- Given reigns, society will demand conformity and make you its servant
- Live your purpose; run your own race; no-one can compel you to conform
- Wake up – the real enemy is within
- ‘Patel’ is the ego in each one of us; banish it and be free
Buying Good-bye, Mr Patel
ISBN 978-1-4520-1458-6 | Published by AuthorHouse
ISBN 0956292003 (UK Only) | Published by Langshott Leadership Foundation
- Do not believe what you have heard.
- Do not believe in tradition because it is handed down many generations.
- Do not believe in anything that has been spoken of many times.
- Do not believe because the written statements come from some old sage.
- Do not believe in conjecture.
- Do not believe in authority of teachers or elders.
- But after careful observation and analysis, when it agrees with reason and it will benefit one and all, then accept it and live by it – Buddha
When I first read these words, I sensed an uncanny familiarity with them, and the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson… “a stranger will say with masterly good sense precisely what we have thought and felt all the time” came alive. Deep in the seat of my heart Lord Buddha’s words have been etched from childhood. There cannot be a better affirmation for my beliefs than these words spoken by a great soul. The strength to write this book has come from them – Anil Kumar